Permit Expediting and Management Services
Many in the construction industry consider the permitting process a necessary evil. Everyone wants their project to be safe, architecturally feasible, and in compliance with local zoning and redevelopment regulations. But the permitting process can often be an area of ambiguity, confusion, and frustration. At its very best, it involves a great deal of time, effort, local knowledge, coordination, and patience. It is not typically an area in which most architects, developers, or project managers enjoy or excel. Some feel that dealing with the permit process takes away from time spent on their “real work.”
But Tony Sanchez-Corea and his staff at ARS are experts in permit management and actually enjoy facilitating the process. They are not gluttons for punishment, but simply have found their niche in the building industry where their combined skills, knowledge, and experience come together to provide significant and tangible benefits for their clients.
From the design phase of the project to final inspections, ARS’ permit management services can mean the difference between a smooth, successful project that finishes on time and one that is fraught with delays and additional expenses to fix problems that could have been caught ahead of time.
Permit Management Services Provided:
- Provide strategic permit planning strategies
- Review plans and provide input and solutions for areas that may cause permitting problems (schematic design, design development, construction documents and construction administration)
- Arrange meetings with involved permitting professionals to help open lines of communication and foster strong working relationships
- Assist in gathering documentation and or industry experts needed to address concerns
- Develop innovative and applicable equivalencies
- Prepare and organize permitting documents and information in a manner local agencies prefer or require
- Coordinate with plan checkers, inspectors, and other key players at every stage of the project
- Prepare documents and facilitate inspections
- Provide customized permitting services as needed for each project
Specific areas of expertise include: